Smaller classes are held in the studio at the Body Works clinic. These classes typically have a maximum of 4 clients in them, but we will do our best to accommodate you if you require individual or 2 to 1 Pilates classes.
These smaller classes allow us to design specific exercise programmes to suit your individual needs and goals. The Pilates studio at Body Works is equipped with specialised Pilates equipment (Reformer, Trapeze/Cadillac and Chair) which are used alongside more traditional mat and small exercise equipment (such as balls, bands, discs) to increase the variety and versatility of the exercises.
Participation in these sessions is ideal for people wanting extra reassurance or enhanced specificity of exercise, as they involve small groups and are led by a Chartered Physiotherapist, allowing for closer monitoring and bespoke exercise programmes.
The studio sessions are suitable for anyone. Some examples of people we see in the Body Works studio include:
- people recovering from illness or surgery, who may require extra assistance and support
- people who enjoy Pilates mat exercises but want to add variety to their usual programme
- people who would like an individual programme design
- elite athletes wanting to work on specific strengthening, balance and flexibility drills
- during pregnancy or post childbirth